Friday, February 25, 2011

ATC swap Baby Animals


Above are my atc cards for 'Full Sleeve' baby themed swap. Emma set our theme for this months challenge and at the time she was having a baby. Since then Emma has given birth to a very cute and healthy baby boy, Tige. Due to the fact that I've left this challenge so late to get done and now with the advantage of knowing that a new little baby boy arrived safely, I did tend to lean towards the soft blues.

The little plush animals I used are from my new digital stamp collection ID:NV-DS0029 'Baby Animals 1'. The ladies from my group up at CDAC helped with the final decision as to which little babies were to be included with set 1. We are already talking about set 2 and so far we have kitten, puppy and hippo. So as soon as we can decide on the final little baby, I will be working on set 2. If you'd like to leave a suggestion for the 4th baby, please leave me a comment.

The only embellishment at is on the atc cards is a stick pin that I made using a selection of blue shaded beads. Making these little pins was a first for me and it was because of a fantastic new swap hosted at 'CDAC Swap Central' that I had the chance to learn how they are created. There is 6 people per group and we have to create 3 stick pins for each person, so a total of 18 pins. This is an internation swap and there is plenty of time to join in as a month has been allowed for posting. I'm looking forward to seeing what I get back in return and using the stick pins on future cards.

Each atc is hand coloured with copics and they really were so fun and a great opportunity for me to practice using copics. Heres a list of copics used for each little baby.
Owlet
  • E - 30, 33, 37, 17
  • C - 2, 5
  • B - 93, 95, 97
  • BG - 72
    Giraffe
  • YR - 24, 31
  • Y - 4, 28
  • N - 5, 7
  • B - 93, 95, 97
  • BG - 72
    Piglet
  • E - 000, 01
  • R - 81, 83, 22
  • B - 93, 95, 97
  • BG - 72
    Bear
  • E - 17, 30, 33
  • B - 93, 95, 97, 24
  • BG - 72

    Thanks for stopping by.

  • 3 comments:

    1. Sooo cute.. Always wished I could draw. Maybe for the 4th baby, a bunny rabbit, or a duckling?
      I would love to get in on this ATC thing but I know I'd probably procrastinate too much.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Well, I see you've mastered the art of coloring with Copics my dear friend. These are so cute and beautifully colored Vickie. Fantatic job! "Hugs" Carol

      ReplyDelete
    3. These are superb - such vibrant colours Vickie.
      Truly beautiful to look at.xx

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks in Advance to taking time to leave me a comment, they sure do brighten my day.
    *Hugs* Nana Vic / Nightowl

    Awards

    Scrap N' Art Journey
    Thanks Angie
    Make it Crafty
    Make it Crafty
    Thanks Zoe
    Patties Creation Challenge
    Patties Creation Challenge
    Thanks Pattie
    Midnight Madness (x 2)
    Thanks Priscilla and DT