Sunday, March 6, 2011

Birthday Card for Tee


Sharon from my group up at CDAC (Crafters Digital Arts Center) came up with a wonderful idea, to create a Birthday card for our group members that wanted to be apart of the discussion exchange. Sharon is now called the 'Birthday Fairy' and does a fantastic job of organizing this diescussion. Theresa (aka Tee) is our first lady on our Birthday list and I'm delighted to have created a card for her.

I have used a digital that I created for my group as their Vickie Quickie weekend challenge called 'Lattice with Roses'. The work sheet that I put together for them includes this lattice rose corner as well as another corner without the roses, also the corners in plain without the lattice and lastly it has the little sections that can be used to create their own borders. Their challenge is to join the pieces to create their own unique frames using layers. This work sheet is available as a freebie for this week only. You might want to consider joining my group to grab it.

The layout was inspired by the gorgeous sketch found at Priscilla's Midnight Madness challenge. I have been so keen to use some of the pretty little rose flowers that I picked up last week at one of our local markets. Now to get this card in the post tomorrow as it's got a long way to travel. Below in the inside of the card.



The card info:
  • Digital 'Lattice with Roses' (not yet available but designed by me)
  • Sentiment designed on the computer
  • Copics: Lattice; YR31, YR24, E33, E13 Roses; E01, R20, R81, R83, R85 Leaves; YG03, YR63, Background; BG10, B000
  • Paper called BW Madeline - Wild Roses
  • Pearls, ribbon, flowers and cardstock from my stash.

    I'm entering the following challenges:
  • Priscillastyles - Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge #93

    Woot! I'm so excited to receive this award from the team over at Midnight Madness.



    Thank you for stopping by.
  • 9 comments:

    1. It's beautiful and she will love it! :)
      The inside is just perfect too.xx

      ReplyDelete
    2. It is so beautiful, something wrong cause i find my eyes are leaking.......:))
      Thanks for being such a super friend and making this stunner for me, love you for it !!

      ReplyDelete
    3. OMG Vickie this is absolutely gorgeous my friend!!! Fantastic card and Tee will love it. "Hugs" Carol

      ReplyDelete
    4. Vickie, this is GORGEOUS!! I love your images!! I think you said they were free at CDAC. I went over there and signed up to follow you and I can't figure out where to get these images. If you could e-mail the link to me or just send me the work sheet with the images, I would appreciate it!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our challenge this week!!

      Phyllis MMDesign Team
      phyllisalong@hotmail.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. Dear Vickie,
      This is stunning!!! The image is so beautifull, and your coloring is amazing. Well done :-D
      Fantastic card.
      Thank you so much for sharing your talent at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
      Hugs Guro
      MMSC DT

      ReplyDelete
    6. What a Beautiful Card. Love the image and your coloring and accenting are fabulous.
      Thanks for joining us this week at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
      Dawn
      MMSC-DT

      ReplyDelete
    7. Congrats! For winning Midnight Madness Remarkables Award! Way to Go!!!
      Valerie PSDT

      ReplyDelete
    8. Such a beautyful card ,congrats for winning the MMSC Remarkables Award!
      Hugs Artesania

      ReplyDelete
    9. Vickie...this card is stunning. It's no wonder you wond the MMSC Remarkables Award...you really deserved it! Those roses are colored so wonderfully you almost think you could reach out and pick one...and all of the embellishments just highlight your wonderful image even more. And not only is the outside gorgeous, but so is the inside!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks in Advance to taking time to leave me a comment, they sure do brighten my day.
    *Hugs* Nana Vic / Nightowl

    Awards

    Scrap N' Art Journey
    Thanks Angie
    Make it Crafty
    Make it Crafty
    Thanks Zoe
    Patties Creation Challenge
    Patties Creation Challenge
    Thanks Pattie
    Midnight Madness (x 2)
    Thanks Priscilla and DT