Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Easter Bunnies card for family

 An Easter card that I created for a couple of my children and the grandbabies for this upcoming Easter. I used my new digital 'Easter Bunnies' and took advantage of the coloured topper that is included with the set. I simply added a drop shadow behind the bunnies, moved them a little closer together so that I could fit them onto the egg shape. The egg was digitally created, coloured and printed out and was a breeze to cut out (considering my eye sight is still not the best). The lace hid any imperfections *Smiles*. As the bunnies appear to be looking up at something the little silver butterfly was added as a focus point for them. A small arrangement of flowers was added to the card in the same colours as the clothing of the bunnies. Finished of with a simple bow and the pearls in the corners.
The inside is fairly plain but I followed through with the egg design. I did have fun using the warp tool to alter the text to wrap around the egg. I dropped the same green shadow behind the text and used the same pattern as the egg on cover to fill the text. Hint: I only brought a meter of the blue ribbon and was able to create 2 cards with it. I did this by not wasting it behind parts of the card that were to be covered up with another layer. For example behind the eggs on the cover and inside it is actually 2 smaller pieces with only a tiny bit under the eggs, not a complete strip. Considering the cards would take up 4 x 15cm strips and I made 4 bows, if you do the math and not waste, it is possible. I even had 5cm to spare. *Smiles*

Details:
Kaisercraft - Paper, Reminiscing P200 Recollect
Portacraft - Self Adhesive pearls 5mm
Punch Bunch - Ash Leaf small
Die-namics - Leafy Flourish small
My Stash - Lace, Ribbon

Entering this card into the follow challenges:

13 comments:

  1. Too cute!!thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Great coloring. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at
    Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. That very cute & a great lo.

    Thanks for joining us at lexi's creations
    Tracey dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable Easter card. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Easter card, adore the egg shaped frame you gave the bunnies and the lovely flower arrangement! The inside is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous Easter card I love that's it's shaped like an egg
    your embellishments are so pretty
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful Easter creation! I love the bunnies and all the embellies are perfect. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  8. how awesome :) hop over to our http://bastel-traum.blogspot.com challenge -- topic is easter as well :) play along if you'd like :)

    xo Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I love the image and the egg shape! Perfect! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nana Vic, thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at Sugar Creek Hollow. I love the lace around the egg and your images are so very cute. I appreciate the reminder about the ribbon, I need to do that.
    Love the text tip, it looks great.
    Patti DT/SCH

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card loving the image so much also the egg shaped frame, it all looks fantastic, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for joining us at OLL with your lovely card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nana this is gorgeous! I can't believe you were able to support your kids from Arts & crafts all those years! That is so fantastic. Do you do shows or etsy, ebay, etc?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in Advance to taking time to leave me a comment, they sure do brighten my day.
*Hugs* Nana Vic / Nightowl

Awards

Scrap N' Art Journey
Thanks Angie
Make it Crafty
Make it Crafty
Thanks Zoe
Patties Creation Challenge
Patties Creation Challenge
Thanks Pattie
Midnight Madness (x 2)
Thanks Priscilla and DT